Counselling is one of the core services offered at the MRCs. Migrants benefit from one-to-one consultations at our centres, The counselling is free and strictly confidential.
Our staff provide guidance on a number of issues including:
- the processes and procedures involved in all stages of the migration cycle,
- employment or education opportunities abroad,
- rights and duties of migrants in destination countries,
- socio-cultural norms and labour laws of destination countries,
- Verification of overseas employment promoters, government fees and the role of various institutions in the migration cycle.
Providing intending migrants with an opportunity will not only enable them to make an informed decision, but also help us in achieving our objectives of raising awareness on the issues of safe migration, irregular migration and its consequences, migrant smuggling and human trafficking.